Scott's work was awesome enough to give all employees and their families FREE flu shots today!
Happy day ... or not.
I knew the kids might cry and be loud so we showed up at Scott's work towards the end of the day when, hopefully, some of his coworkers would already be gone. Good thing. We walked into the room and Marley burst out into tears. The tears escalated into sobbing which ballooned into a full blown panic attack. We're talking hyperventilation and hysterical screaming. Ethan was totally fine up until that point but her hysterics brought on crying from him. I was holding him as he got his shot and thought I had both arms securely held ... but he somehow managed to squirm one arm loose and grab the needle! He actually managed to rip it out before she had a chance to finish. So then we had to start all over again in the other leg. Poor dude, he is going to have a big ol' bruise on that leg. Meanwhile, Marley is still screaming in the corner. Scott and I both have taken turns trying to settle her down but to no avail. I managed to get her on the table and she is screaming and kicking (which makes me feel like such a darn good mom, let me tell ya'!) and the nurse gives her the shot. Still screaming and screaming and screaming - she doesn't even realize it's over!!!! We put the band-aid on her leg and say - all done! The look on her face was priceless. All that craziness for nothing.
3 comments:
I feel ya. :) Poor Ethan.
Love your pumpkins!!! btw.
I am SO sorry Melissa. They freak out when it really isn't that bad...but there's no talking them down. :(
I DREAD taking the kids in for shots... The last time Hannah had shots it took me and 2 nurses to hold her down. We all were sweating by time we were done. Hey, at least its over with and they did get their shots! :)
Post a Comment