Did I miss the white Christmas? Not one bit. I was surrounded by all of my family and we were having such a fun time that I didn't even have time to miss the freezing cold wind and slick ice.
And I finally got to cuddle my newest little nephew - Derreck. He is so such a good baby! He absolutely loves to cuddle.
One of the main things I was looking forward to doing was being with my family on Christmas Eve. We have a long standing tradition - a Christmas program and we act out the Nativity story. When we were little we would dress up ourselves as angels and wisemen. But now there are so many grandchildren that they get a chance to take the parts. 
This year Marley and Anthony were May and Joseph, Derreck was supposed to be baby Jesus but that didn't work out so well. When Marley found out that she was Mary and Derreck was Jesus, she said, "I can't hold that big ol' baby!" He is quite the chunk and although he didn't love laying in the manger she still got a chance to hold him and got kind of attached to him.
The Three Wisemen were played by Kobe, Ethan and Markus. We probably should have rethunk that idea because their part was last - that meant that they spent more time unsupervised in the wings waiting to go out for their turn than they should have. I kept looking over and they were helping themselves to all of the treats in the kitchen! Those little sneakers.It was a really special night - not that the program itself was all that memorable but the feeling I have while sitting and singing being surrounded by my most precious loved ones. I really hope it's something my children will always remember.
After our program, my dad had a surprise. Papa gave all the boys a special present this year. He bought every one of them a camouflage jacket. Oh boy, there was some good looking guys in that room! It sure was a fun thing for all the guys. Me and my sisters kind of looked at each other and snidely remarked that this was the first year that he ever really seemed to like buying gifts for anyone - and it's only because he finally has sons. Geez. I guess he deserves it, he says he spent so much time wrapping up Barbies and ponies over the years that he was happy he finally got to buy stuff that HE was interested in and for guys that would appreciate it.
The next morning we unwrapped a bunch of presents. The kids got just what they had asked for(plus a few more things) and were so happy!
Scott got some bike shoes and a bike jersey. I felt pretty spoiled (as usual). Scott bought me a new netbook!


Oh man! We had such a good time hanging out, playing in the warm weather. The kids loved spending time with their cousins! They all played so well together and I don't remember them having even one argument!
Oh man! We had such a good time hanging out, playing in the warm weather. The kids loved spending time with their cousins! They all played so well together and I don't remember them having even one argument!
Their cousin Brintley is getting so big and she watched the kids so well, she is going to be an amazing babysitter and mother some day! Ethan just absolutely loved playing with her. For Christmas she saved up all of her money and bought each one of her cousins a ZhuZhu pet. I was so amazed at how selfless and giving she is.
Of course we had to have some Ranger rides. Papa took them on several! One night he even bundled them all up and took them all around the neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights. It was the longest ride and they thoroughly enjoyed it! Of course he has to go super fast through the park, it's like a roller coaster! But any time he got close to the rocks, Ethan freaked out because he is still so scared of the "rock monsters".
It was such a great vacation - I even got to eat at my all time favorite pizza place ... twice!

The drive down was so long - almost 13 hours total. But it was so wonderful to have the minivan. The kids watched movies most of the way and then colored for a bit. Marley started off in the back, got bored and came to the front. But as soon as she started acting crazy we just sent her right on back again! They were real troopers - both there and back home. I don't know if I can convince Scott to do it EVERY year but it was so worth it. It was a very merry Christmas for the Yergensens!
The drive down was so long - almost 13 hours total. But it was so wonderful to have the minivan. The kids watched movies most of the way and then colored for a bit. Marley started off in the back, got bored and came to the front. But as soon as she started acting crazy we just sent her right on back again! They were real troopers - both there and back home. I don't know if I can convince Scott to do it EVERY year but it was so worth it. It was a very merry Christmas for the Yergensens!
1 comment:
Man, I'm jealous. I wouldn't miss the slick ice and snow, either. Can I drive down to Arizona with you next time? :)
Post a Comment