Monday, January 24, 2011

Marley draws a picture ...



This just about sums up the last while for me and my family. Marley made me a quick drawing last night. "I will always love you even if you are mean." Ya - ouch. I am having surgery tomorrow and hopefully I will be on the path back to being a nice mommy. I know I'm not ALWAYS grouchy but I am way more than I would like to be.

I love my babies so much. They are the world to me. I would do anything for them. I realized today that this means that I need to be the mommy they need me to be. I promise I will laugh and smile and hug them more. I also love my husband - and the same things I promise my kids needs to be for him too. I promise to laugh and smile and hug them ALL more.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Melissa, I'm thinking about you right now and sending prayers your way. I love you much...you're a dear friend. I think we could ALL use a little more laughing and smiling and hugging.

emlizalmo said...

Ditto to everything. Kids are so great to remind us of our shortcomings. :) They also teach us in their sweet little way, to be loving and forgiving. I love Marley.

Kristin said...

Sweet girl. Sweet mommy.

You are in my thoughts right now.

I love you.

PS--Jon downloaded another browser for me to use--and I can get on your blog NO PROBLEM--I am so happy.

Kristin said...

I love marley's hand on her hip in the picture on this post. Very sassy.

Tami Anderson said...

I love her. Did you notice she spelled everything correctly? Well, except for "u" but that was on purpose!