Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fun Run

Marley's school has an annual Fun Run! The kids are supposed to collect pledges for running 2 miles around the school as part of a fundraiser. So Marley asked Nana and grandpa and then Scott and I took Marley to his office and she went around asking his coworkers. By the end of the day - she had collected $120! The kids are only expected to earn $15 for a ticket for the drawing - but she earned 8 tickets.
I was asked to help with the water table this year so I missed her on her first lap but I got a picture of her coming around the second time when she stopped for a drink! She did so great! They all get otter pops at the end for a job well done and I got a picture of her with her friend Lataya. I stayed for the awards assembly afterwards and was so excited when I heard her name called for a prize! She won a scooter! YAY!

2 comments:

jamie said...

I didn't know she won a scooter, that is awesome!!! Way to go Marley!!

Kristin said...

That is so cool she won a scooter! And great job at raising so much money for the school, Marley!
I love the fun run. I think it is a fantastic fundraiser. The best I have seen.

And she looks so beautiful in her school picture this year I love her hair.