A couple of funny things ...Every time Ethan hears a plane (or helicopter) flying overhead ... which is often since we live down the road from the Provo Airport ... he cups his hands to his mouth and yells at the top of his lungs: "NANA!!! PAPA!!!"
He is quite the exhibitionist lately. I will get him dressed and turn around and he's buck naked again!
He talks ... a lot! Most of the time however, he is just copying every little thing you say. All the time, all day long. And if you're lucky he will turn it into a song. At the top of his lungs.
He dances too. A couple of times he will follow Marley into her toy room and they will both come out with "Princess Dance Outfits". Most of the time he will dance for a minute, then look down at himself with a slight look of disgust and run back into the toy room to take off the dress. We finally bought him some superhero outfits for dress ups.
He loves to go to the bathroom on the toilet. The first time he went #2, he looked down and said ... "Look! Fishies! I made some fishies!" So every time he wants to use the bathroom we have begun calling it "making fishies". However, every time I put underwear on him he refuses to tell me when he needs to go. I guess it will be a couple of more months before potty training starts in earnest.
He has finally grown out of something that I was worried he never would. Every time he would wake up, whether it was first thing in the morning, middle of the night or after a nap ... SCREAMING AND CRYING! I noticed last month that he started doing it less and less. And it has now finally stopped. Hallelujah!
I am so nervous for Ethan tomorrow as Marley starts school. He loves his sister so much, he literally follows her around all day long doing just about everything she is doing. The couple of times he has had to go without her for a couple of hours he went around the house whining and whining for me to go pick her up! "Marley! I want Marley! Go pick up MARLEY!"
5 comments:
He is so sweet and so beautiful. He makes me happy. I'm THRILLED for you that the screaming has stopped. He's going to love his alone time with his mom while big sis is at school. I promise. :)
I love that he loves his sister so much. that's so cute...so are all of the other stories. he's getting SO big!
Great stories--he's a cutie. Hope today went well--it's a pretty quick 2 ish hours.
Oh-the fishies is hilarious!!
and how was the wedding? Welcome home!
I still can't get over that darling BLOND hair! My Ethan went through the screaming thing, too...I'm so happy for you that it's stopped. Hilarious about the dress ups...what a boy!
Post a Comment