Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ethan Turns 3!!!

My little man turned 3!
I can't believe how grown up he seems all of a sudden. It's almost like his brain clicked and all of a sudden he is talking up a storm! He is constantly surprising me with his improved vocabulary. And he is always trying to make us laugh. I love that about his little personality - he's a clown. He has the most hilarious laugh I've ever heard - and I actually made it into my ring tone because I love it so much. He's definitely a cuddle bug and loves to cuddle with both mommy and daddy, and sister if she lets him. He is also painfully shy and sometimes that has been a hard thing for me to watch. I try to make sure he gets opportunities for socializing. He does not like nursery at church at all but he really is enjoying the Kid's Club at the gym. I realized a couple of weeks ago that he is going to be a Sunbeam in January. I really hope he likes that better. Once he gets comfortable in Primary I am sure he will love it. He loves his sister. Any time she is gone he begs for me to go get her. Marley started Kindergarten this year and the first couple of weeks it was awful! Ethan cried for her every day. But we started to go to the gym during that time and now he gets the chance to play with other kids and get his mind off missing Marley. I still can't believe he turned 3. I love seeing them grown and develop but I sure do miss my little baby too!

We were also lucky enough to be in Arizona, surrounded by all our family, to celebrate his big day! Nana made him an extra special Spongebob cake! He LOVES Spongebob. I RARELY let them watch it but it makes him happy - so what the heck! Nana is amazing. Seriously amazing. Can you believe this is not a professionally made cake??? I wish I had half her talent.We celebrated at Peter Piper Pizza - Ethan's favorite place to go when we are in Arizona. It has pizza and games and candy and prizes. What could be better? I love you Ethan!!!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. 3! Are you feeling okay? Sorry you both were under the weather and sorry that we crowded you out. Hope all is well.

emlizalmo said...

Happy birthday handsome little boy!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! What a fun age...lots of new challenges, but they're outweighed by all the new developments. So glad you could be somewhere you love...a WARM place with family. :)

Sharene said...

Happy Birthday Ethan. Those are great pictures of him. He really is growing up fast. That Spongebob cake is awesome!

andrea said...

I love these pictures, Ethan you are such a big boy. It was sure fun to have you here for your birthday.

Kristin said...

What great pictures of him. So handsome. I can't believe he will be in primary in just a few weeks.

And that is a great cake. Go Grandma!!