Sunday, November 22, 2009

Heehee

Scott went up to Ethan's room this afternoon and found that Marley had gotten a hold of some scissors. She took some photos off Ethan's photo board and cut all the edges off. Scott was so angry!
Scott - "You are already grounded from your crayons for the week for drawing on the walls, Marley! Now you are going to be grounded from scissors too!"
A couple of minutes later ...
"In fact ... I am going to call your teacher and tell her that you are grounded and you can't even use the scissors at school!"
Me - "What? That doesn't even make sense, Scott."
Scott - "No ... I am serious. You're going in to her class tomorrow to help so I want you to tell her teacher that she is grounded from scissors for the week."

Right, like that is going to happen! Can you imagine the look on Mrs. Thibault's face when I tell her ... "so ... it's like this, Mrs. Thibault, Marley is grounded from the scissors, so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't let her use any scissors for her work this week."

And then Marley sitting at her table with a sad look of her face, tearing paper for her Thanksgiving turkey while all the other kids are cutting out theirs.

####

Ethan was jumping on our bed this evening and all of a sudden he fell down and acted like he got hurt. Marley was playing along and says, "AAAAh! Oh no - someone call the Doctor in Covenants!"

5 comments:

MommyMert said...

Oh no... what is it with art supplies and kids?? I guess at least it wasnt hair?? and I love the Doctor and C. haha... So sweet. It was nice seeing you. Does it seem like we live way farther away than three houses?

Rachel said...

Oh, what a sad picture that is...Marley's carefully 'tearing' out the feathers for her turkey...I guess it would have some personality, right? :)

emlizalmo said...

I'm sorry...the tearing feathers thing is sad...but also hilarious! Molly just asked what I was laughing about. :) Maybe we should have our own discussion about scissors. :) And call the doctor in covenants? What will she think of next? :)

Kristin said...

Funny!!! So then Mrs Thibault goes home that night and says, guess what happened at school today, honey . . .

Michelle said...

LOL. I love kids! I love that they say the coolest things! I can't wait until Gavin says stuff like this!