Scott found another great hotel - it even had a cool little pool on the roof. Too bad it was so cold we couldn't take a dip. In fact, it was so cold the only thing it ended up being good for was soaking our poor tired feet at the end of the day. We literally were walking from Noon till Midnight.


Sevilla has lots of cool old buildings.
It is home to the world's largest gothic church and burial place of Christopher Columbus. It was enormous! Every little nook and cranny was filled with fantastic catholic art. The treasury was simply unbelievable - so much gold and jewels! It also has the largest altarpiece ever made (65 ft tall!) depicting 44 gold encrusted scenes of the life of Christ.

(Christopher Columbus)

We walked all through the winding little alleys of the Jewish Quarter. Some buildings are so close together they are called "kissing lanes" - you can reach out your hands and touch each building. Sevilla also happens, for all you history buffs, the city in which the Spanish Inquisition began.
The night in Sevilla was so cool. We walked around and around for hours enjoying the paseo and tapas. It was different than any other city we had been in - large and crowded for sure, but it felt so homey.
One of the highlights, for sure, of our trip was the flamenco dancing. I won't ever be able to describe how passionate and incredible it was. I literally watched for 2 hours with my mouth hanging open. The singing was intense, the dancing was even more intense.
It is home to the world's largest gothic church and burial place of Christopher Columbus. It was enormous! Every little nook and cranny was filled with fantastic catholic art. The treasury was simply unbelievable - so much gold and jewels! It also has the largest altarpiece ever made (65 ft tall!) depicting 44 gold encrusted scenes of the life of Christ.
The night in Sevilla was so cool. We walked around and around for hours enjoying the paseo and tapas. It was different than any other city we had been in - large and crowded for sure, but it felt so homey.Day 6 - Back to Madrid
The car ride from Sevilla was pretty long - about 6 hours. We passed a lot of pastures of bulls and pigs. I got this picture at a gas station along the way ...

I made Scott take us to the Madrid temple.
We made it back to Madrid, returned the car and took the shuttle to check in to the hotel. Then back on the good ol' Metro to downtown Madrid.
We made it back to Madrid, returned the car and took the shuttle to check in to the hotel. Then back on the good ol' Metro to downtown Madrid.Mmmm ... paella. The Puerto del Sol on a weekend night was insane! It was like Times Square on New Year's Eve. It was a great way to spend our last night in Spain! We walked around did some shopping, ate some yummy food and just tried to enjoy the last night of our crazy adventure.
2 comments:
I love european buildings and stained glass. I love being in buildings that are 500 years old (or older!) I love feeling the history of far away places. Thanks for sharing. I may never make it to Spain, but I loved seeing it through your eyes! (And seeing what you ate! ;)
What a dream. The food looks amazing. The dancing would have captivated me for hours, too. And the tiny little narrow streets. They make my heart flutter. I'm so glad you 2 had this amazing experience together!
Post a Comment