Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time ...

Merry Christmas!
We are having a blast getting ready for Christmas this year ... The whole family sat down and put together an awesome gingerbread house! Scott handled all the manual labor like making the frosting concrete and putting the walls up while the kids and I had all the fun making it look festive. Scott got in on the decorations too and built a graham cracker mail box. The kids did a great job sticking the candy up - it was a difficult process convincing them it was not for eating. In fact, the kit was at least a year old and the candy it came with was as hard as a rock. We know because they didn't actually listen to us when we said not to eat it.I guess Goldie was feeling left out ... or hungry. We left the kitchen for 10 seconds to find a spot to show off our creation and ... well, if you notice on the bottom of the picture there is a spot where all the icing was licked off and one of the trees is missing! We caught her just in time. Who knows, she might have eaten the whole house!Marley and Ethan went to the mall and sat on Santa's lap! They were both so excited and they practiced what they were going to say to the jolly old man. For the first year ever - no crying!Marley asked for a cupcake maker and Ethan for a gun. Santa's reply - "Nerf? I hope?"One of our favorite traditions is the one handed down from Scott's family. Each Christmas we pick out a new Hallmark ornament for the tree to commemorate the year.I chose Santa riding a polar bear, I choose a Santa one each year. Marley chose Barbie riding a horse. She really loved playing with Barbies this year and her favorite animal is currently horses. Ethan loves Mickey Mouse so we chose this cute Mickey ornament for him. Of course he ended up not liking his and wanting Scott's instead. So, for right now, we are letting him think he picked the guitar.
Thirteen days to go!

4 comments:

MommyMert said...

Do you have two trees than? One for the front room and one in your tv room? I just dont see the ornaments on the tree pic? Amy did a beautiful job of your kids!! But, yes.. they are beautiful children! It was so nice talking to you yesterday. :)

Kristin said...

Fun, fun. I love this time of year.

emlizalmo said...

I LOVE the picture of them waiting behind the red gate for Santa. I love that Santa...he's the best one. :) I had fun with them yesterday. They are such gorgeous babies.

Sharene said...

I love the gingerbread house. That is one thing I have never done, but would love to. It is a little daunting to me!