
Happy Father's Day to my daddy! And, yes, sometimes I have been known to still occasionally call him "daddy".

He was quite the catch in his younger days! OK - he is still pretty darn handsome.


He always made sure we went on a family vacation every year! We got to go to some pretty fun and exciting places over the years. Sometimes I give him a hard time for being a penny-pincher but really he has been extremely generous to me over the years.


My dad is quite the outdoorsman. He loves to hunt and fish. Needless to say we all learned to fish and handle guns while we were quite young. Sometimes I felt really bad for him that he never had any sons and I felt compelled to be a bit of a tomboy for his sake.

While he was the bishop he put all of that away for quite a long time in order to serve ... but recently we think he is trying to make up for lost time! He seems to have a fishing or hunting trip at least once a month this year! He truly taught me the importance of service, dedication and obedience to the Lord. He has a testimony of the Savior and bore his testimony to me and I felt the spirit when I was young.

My dad was looking at Marley at church today and trying to make her laugh. He stuck a finger up his nose and then pretended to wipe it on my mom's dress. Then he stuck it in his mouth. Marley was giggling so hard we got a dirty look from the lady in front of us. Most of the time I tend to think that I got my sense of humor from my mom but really my dad is just as crazy. He has been known to do some pretty crazy stuff for a laugh ... like putting on a dress and putting a cricket in his mouth just to name a few!


My dad taught us by example the importance of hard work, tradition, how to feel loved and how to love others. I know my husband is a good man because I know what a good man is.


I love you, daddy!
4 comments:
SO great.
This is such a sweet, sweet post. I love daddies. I'm so glad you are spending time with him right now!!!
This is a great post. I love reading about your youth and your family and seeing pictures of you when you were little. I love you Melissa. So much.
Man I was behind on your blog! I loved catching up. I loved this post about your dad and the ones about your sister and I especially loved seeing older pictures of your family. So fun!
Post a Comment