I found out a couple of months ago that I have a hip impingement. It just might be the answer to a lot of my chronic pain. Dr. Jackson took a quick x-ray and there it was! Off to another surgery. I was going to try to wait till after the kids got back to school to have my surgery but after much misery I changed my mind.
Luckily, my mother and Callie, who are obviously made of much more generous stuff than even I can imagine, came to my rescue and offered to be my post-op nurses.
We had to get in one last summer adventure so the kids and I went to pick them up from the airport on the Frontrunner train.
So they went in arthoscopically and shaved off some of my bone to make the ball and socket joint smoother. The really cool part is that several weeks ago they did an MRI and also found a tear in my labrum, which is like a cartilage type part of the joint. They were going to have to stitch that up too. That meant a much longer time spent on crutches, recovery time, etc. Well, when the doctor got into surgery, there was no tear! He said that I only need to spend ONE WEEK on crutches instead. I know that miracles really do happen. My husband gave me a beautiful priesthood blessing before my surgery and I know that Heavenly Father heard my prayers. I also know, and have learned, that even if I hadn't been healed in the exact way that I wanted, that I still would trust my Father in Heaven to hear my prayers and by His grace I would come to know what He wants me to learn in this life. The priesthood is power.
Goldie was worried about me. She knew something wasn't right from the moment I got home. She has hardly left my side. The very second that she saw that we were finally alone, she seized the moment and hopped up on the bed next to me. They gave me an ice machine that runs cold water continually through the tube up to the hip. It's a medical wonder and I've been grateful for it but it has made me feel restricted and a bit claustrophobic. Like a torture and restraining device in one.
I have a lot of hope that the surgery went well. I know that Heavenly Father heard my prayers and has blessed me with the grace of my Savior.









No comments:
Post a Comment