Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Viva la Revolucion!

Yes, it's true ... Melissa Yergensen has joined the Blog Revolution! Yes, I know, I know - you are wondering what has taken me so long.

Well, for one thing ... I don't know if I will have anything to say! My life seems boring and quite mundane compared to those other exciting bloggers out there - you know who you are! And the other reason, quite frankly, is it seems a bit boastful. What makes me think that you will want to know what my kids had for lunch today (macaroni and cheese), how many times Marley asked Scott how old he is (36!), or how many times I wiped the boogers off Ethan's face (too many to count!).

So, the real reasons for this blog ...

1) I miss my family. They live in Arizona and have all kinds of fun without me and my kids. This way they will at least see that we are alive and well. It's a chance for them too peek into our windows and check in on us from time to time at their own leisure. I have four beautiful and busy sisters who I love, but would also like to feel more connected to. I talk to my also busy mom almost every day and she gives me the scoop on everyone so it's like I am talking to them too! But, of course, it's not quite the same.

2) I have fallen desperately behind on my scrapbooking. This is an attempt to placate my conscience. I have decided to print out the posts at the end of the year and make this my family journal. Someday my children will think I was so on the ball!

For all those of you out there who happen to stumble onto this blog, I hope you find some humor in my postings but, for the most part, this is a personal space to capture our day to day lives for posterity.

3 comments:

Heather said...

36! :-)

Love the blog - I'm adding it to my Google Reader. See you guys soon!

Heather

Dale & Pat said...

Melissa, we love the pictures and your witty comments. We'll be visiting your blog frequently.
Love, Grandpa & Grandma Brown

emlizalmo said...

Hip, hip, hooray!