Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Marley Agnes ... turns 5!

Five Things I LOVE about my Marley ...
1 - Her big beautiful eyes. Oh man ... we used to get some stares! I distinctly remember walking through Sea World with her in her stroller and everyone we passed would just look down at her and ooh and aah! Someone once told me she has "princess eyes"! I love 'em!!
2 - She has an amazing imagination. Ever since she was a little girl she could play and play all by herself. She makes up songs and dances to perform for us. She always has a new game to play with someone which she made up all by herself.
This picture was taken in Arizona. We found her buck naked singing and dancing in front of the fan!
3 - She is so smart! She really has a great memory. Just last week she was telling my mom ... "Nana, remember the time you came to babysit us and you took us to Wendy's for dinner?" That was last year! She remembers the craziest things. Tonight she pulled out a little monkey stuffed animal and reminded me that we had gotten it for her last summer at the zoo! She started learning her ABCs two years ago and knows how to write almost all of her letters and she can sit down her write her name perfectly. I am thinking she is really going to love going to school.
4 - She has been an amazing helper! From day one she wanted to help me take care of Ethan. Sometimes the help isn't necessarily asked for (or especially appreciated from Ethan) but she loves to help. There's a fine line between helpful and bossy but I really don't know how I would get through a day without all of her help. In fact, right at this moment she is reading a story to Ethan and making him laugh. Granted they are supposed to be in bed, but ... oh well. It's pretty cute to listen to them laugh together. She has been especially great at helping clean the house. She loves to do a chore and get a quarter. She even cleaned her whole bathroom all by herself yesterday! She scrubbed the tub and everything!!
5 - She makes me laugh. HARD! I swear she says the funniest things ever. I don't even know where she comes up with some of this stuff! We were watching fireworks on the 4th and we were talking about how close we were, they felt like they were right on top of us. So she says, "we were so close they almost burned our faces off!" Huh? Random, I know. Like the time we were talking about getting pulled over by a police officer for not having our seat belts on and she said, "Yah - and he'll shoot you!" Um, no, just a ticket. Yesterday she was telling me she is going to marry Kendrick Clegg and when they have a baby they will name her (NOT HIM) Castle Shadow Clegg. Whatever!
Obviously, I could name more than just five reasons why I love her. There are so many!! I love the way she kisses and "squeeze hugs", the way she always tells me she loves me (up to the stars / heaven / the moon / the sun ...), her snuggles, her laugh, her funny faces, her "dance parties" ... the list goes on and on.I can't believe my little angel, Marley Agnes, is five. She will be going to school. I will so miss her during the mornings ... but I know she is going to LOVE it!

** We got her 5 year old pictures taken by my extremely talented friend, Amy Schofield. She is AMAZING!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Marley...you are beautiful, and you make me smile every time I see you. :)

Unknown said...

Ummm...that was Amy, not Alex. :)

jamie said...

Marleys pictures turned out so cute!!

Kristin said...

I can't wait to see more marley pictures. My boys were over there for a bit when Amy was taking them and they came home telling me all about how amy was taking beautiful pictures of marley. It was cute. Loved all the updates. I'm so glad she had such a great birthday!! And your vacation with the family sounded super, duper fun!!! I just love you guys. Oh and looks like Marley and Cortney are in Mrs. Thibaults class together!!!! It's gonna be a blast.