My parents, sister and nieces came for a visit a couple of weeks ago and stayed up in Park City for the week. We spent lots of time hanging out with them and had tons of fun! We went for bike rides, went to Seven Peaks, spent lots of time in the pool and rode the Alpine Slide and Coaster. I have no idea why I didn't get pictures of any of these things! 

One day we rode the free bus to Downtown Park City. We rode around on the trolley for awhile and then did some shopping. The kids couldn't care less about the shopping but they sure had a good time on the transit system! It was pretty cute.


One day we drove to Salt Lake to visit the This Is The Place Monument. It was way more entertaining than the last time I had been there for sure! They have a whole pioneer village with people dressed up as pioneers and historical figures to tell you all about the history. The Brigham Young was a bit cranky but his house was cool. They have a train to drive you around from place to place and also a tiny train for the kiddos to ride for fun. I have to say that the view from the kid's train ride was probably the best view in the whole area!
In several of the houses they have crafts for the kids. "Mary Fielding Smith" helped them make some cute little dollies from scrap fabric. I wish I had a whole day to go and explore the history there, it was really cool. The kids didn't care too much about the pioneer so much as the pony rides.
The Indian Village - inside a teepee. Marley demonstrating the Apache Lazy-Boy and Callie posing on the bear skin rug.
It was so good to have them visit us! I love my family!!
1 comment:
How come you guys do SO much great stuff with your kkids...and I just sit around on the couch?
Post a Comment