Sunday, July 25, 2010

Things we learn in Primary ...

Today I had the opportunity :) to substitute Marley's Primary class. It's always an adventure!
The lesson today was all about sharing and we read the story about Jesus and the loaves and fishes (the boy shares his food for Jesus' miracle). I got to the part about Jesus turning just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes into enough food to feed 5,000 people and Marley perks up ... "I know! I can pray and ask Heavenly Father to send me CUPCAKES ... RIGHT NOW!" Immediately, Cortney and Sarah jump up out of the seats and exclaim, "YA!" They all proceed to fold their arms and start praying, "Dear Heavenly Father ... please send up cupcakes, right now!" They thought they were pretty funny! I didn't have the heart to reprimand them for being irreverant, I thought it was pretty funny too.

2 comments:

London said...

Man o man, I often have those days in primary. I try so hard to teach my class to be great examples in singing time, then I am the one who cant stop giggling at the sunbeams.

emlizalmo said...

Um...I could go for a cupcake.