Monday, March 21, 2011

Hi-YA!

Marley's been doing a karate class for a month. At the end of the month, if she earned enough stripes for her belt, she got to break a board. She earned the stripes by completing "self disciple" sheets - doing all kinds of things around the house and school without being told. She worked really hard at it but I don't think she really thought she was going to be able to break a board. But ... check it out!

4 comments:

emlizalmo said...

YAY for Marley!!! You are so good at karate, Marley...and super cute too! Can you hear how proud your mom is of you when she screams? I can.

Rachel said...

I think that's so great...what a great learning tool for her. I love it. I especially loved hearing proud mom in the background.

AprilA said...

I love how she looks at her hand afterward like, "WOAH, I did that and my hand is still on one piece!"
I think that is the perfect reward for working hard. Way to go Marley!

Kristin said...

You GO Girl!!!!!