I remember when we were little and my dad took us fishing - one of my little sisters (I can't remember now if it was Lindsey or Kattie???) decided she liked the worms better than the fish. She made friends with one in particular and wanted to take it home instead of sacrificing it on the hook. My mom actually let her wrap it in a paper towel and let her sleep with it! She laid it next to her on her pillow! In the morning it was, of course, deceased ... and gross. I think she was pretty sad but that's what worms do, right? They die. And they're gross. Of course, I also might be sensationalizing in my head this memory of mine, but I'm pretty sure it happened. With what happened today it could totally be true.
So Marley found some live ones this afternoon and decided she liked them and wanted to keep them. She put several in a mason jar. I suggested she might want to add some dirt. Then she asked what she should she feed them? Um, I have no idea. Mostly because I've never heard of someone wanting to keep worms for pets. She hasn't gotten to naming them yet so I'm hoping this is not a permanent fixation and tomorrow they will be dead and she won't dig up anymore. But for now she has a few new pets. Pet worms. And NO she will not be sleeping with them on her pillow!
6 comments:
haha... thats hilarious because I thought of my goodness Amy would DIE! Have you read Diary of a worm? Perhaps you should borrow mine and let Marley read it. :) On the pillow is too much. ew.
Oh gag...and I haven't even read the post yet. :) Here I go!
My heart is racing. :(
I think we ALL thought of Amy reading this! :) Remember the book about the boy who ATE worms? I think Marley would love that book...wish I could remember the title. Well, despite worms being pretty disgusting, she has a pretty sweet little look on her face while staring at those worms. ;)
Awesome!! This is totally something my kids would do. They have potato bug pets all the time. They can never figure out why they don't live more than one day in the bug house:)
I was thinking of Amy the whole time I read this!!!
Hilarious.
I was laughing--and yes, thinking of Amy--the whole time I read this.
Melissa, Marley looks so grown up to me. She's changed. Beautiful girl.
Post a Comment