Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ethan's Primary Talk

Ethan gave a talk today in Primary! It was the Sunbeams week this time (and since he is actually a CTR4 but refuses to go to his correct class and instead stays with his old Sunbeam teachers) he got chosen to give a talk. He did a great job but was super nervous. I actually wrote quite a bit more than this for him but had to cut it down more than half as we were going because otherwise it would have taken over an hour. I whispered in his ear and he said the words into the microphone. After I sat down and asked Scott how it sounded he said it sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher! Oh well - I thought it was pretty darn cute.

Heavenly Father loves us so He gave us the scriptures.

They teach us about His plan for us.

In the Book of Mormon there is a story about 2000 stripling warriors who were brave and had faith because their mothers taught them the right way.

I know Heavenly Father wants us to listen and obey our parents.

I know that if we do what is right we live with our families together forever and we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus.

I am thankful for my parents who teach me to live the gospel, I love my family and the scriptures.

I am thankful for the gospel and the plan of salvation.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ – amen.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay, Ethan!!!! He gets cuter and cuter and cuter...

emlizalmo said...

Oh man, I wish I could have heard him. I am so proud of him too. I KNOW that wasn't easy...and he DID IT!

Kristin said...

man he is growing up. I too wish I could have been there to hear him. He is too sweet. I love these moments with our children.