My parents were in Park City on vacation with some friends for the week and luckily they invited us to come and hang out this weekend before they headed home. We went swimming and spent the night. It was so much fun.
We were talking about the Olympic Park and the bobsled ride. Scott has been wanting to go on this ride for a long time now. It is the entire length of the Olympic's bobsled track and it reaches speeds up to 70 mph and 4Gs!
Well, it turns out that my dad went on it himself this week! What a daredevil! AND there was an extra coupon! Scott couldn't resist then ... he was determined to go. It's pretty expensive, even with the coupon, so I was just going to let him go on his own. I think my dad was a little surprised - I'm pretty sure he has always been impressed with the crazy adrenaline-seeking stunts I've pulled in my past. I told him it was just too much and I was fine with Scott going by himself (although I have to admit I was cringing with a touch, or maybe more, of jealousy). So you know what he did?!?!? He pulled $50 bucks out of his pocket and threw it down on the table. I know, right?!?!? So cool.
Off we went ...

It was pretty much one of the coolest things I've ever done. It started off pretty easy and I was laughing and thinking, "no problem-o" ... and then it started to go faster and faster ... till I couldn't laugh any more, it was physically impossible. I wanted to scream but I couldn't ... I couldn't even breathe! We would go around the corner and all of the advice they had given you just flew right out the window, all you could do was just hold on!
4, count them ... FOUR ... big ol' Gs, baby! Crazy I tell ya'!

Ethan was so enthralled with the map of the Olympic Park and the bobsled ride we had taken. He kept looking at it over and over, pointing out this and that, figuring out how we got from the top to the bottom.
Next we went down the alpine coaster ride. It's a pretty fantastic ride! You should really try it. I went with Ethan and he laughed and laughed the whole up AND down. And it was my mom was the one who wanted to go ... I love it so much that my mom really likes doing fun stuff. She is a cool mom ... always trying new things, always up for an adventure, she loves to laugh and joke and have so much fun. I always laugh when I am with her, she makes everyone smile.
5 comments:
Fun! Your paretnts are awesome. :)
uh...parents
How fun! I have always wanted to try the bobsled ride too, but the price has always gotten me too! What an awesome gift! Way to go!
Carl's work did a party up there a year ago and we could've gone on the bobsled but didn't. I'm sad about that, now that I saw how awesome it was for you. Maybe they'll do it again sometime. :)
Wow, wow--that looks like a rush!! I have absolutely no idea what 4 Gs are like. Looks like a great weekend. Your mom is beautiful.
Post a Comment