Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Utah Lake Fun

We spent an amazingly perfect day out on Utah Lake this weekend. Everything about it was perfect. The day was gorgeous, the water was as smooth as glass. AND we were with some seriously fun friends - the Dunn's were so nice to invite us. It's so good to have friends with fun toys! I knee boarded for the first time since I was a teenager, Marley knee boarded for the very first time, I got some skiing in, we swam, swam, swam, and had some serious fun on the tube.
I LOVE going to the lake. I have the most excellent childhood memories of the lake ... sitting on the bow of the boat, skipping across the lake, hitting each swell and jouncing up and down, the wind slapping my face and twisting my hair, watching the spray of the water arc as we crashed back down after hitting a wave - someone else's wakes, listening to the roar of the engine as we jetted off after the no wake zone, feeling the sun sink into my skin and peering out in the horizon on a beautiful clear day. It's almost magical to me, maybe because it evokes such strong memories ... or maybe just because it's so beautiful. I love the laughing, the cheering, feeling so strong and athletic, seeing my kid's faces and knowing they feel just the same as me, and knowing that I am creating the same memories for them. It's absolute heaven.
I think I might need a boat of my own!

2 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Looks so fun! I don't think I've been out on the lake in 15 years. We have too many darn kids :(

Kristin said...

Looks so great! I love that top picture of Ethan. He is growing so fast. I love your description of fun at the lake. So true.