Marley has a friend in her primary class that just got her ears pierced and so she has been talking and talking about. Then she told me the other day that she wanted her ears pierced too! We talked all about it, how it is going to hurt pretty bad for a little while but then you get to wear pretty earrings.
She decided she MUST have her ears pierced. I have to admit I tried to talk her out of it and kind of knew what might happen once I got her in that ear-piercing chair.
And I was right!
We went down to the mall, she picked out her earrings, hopped up in the chair and hugged the store-provided bear. We marked where the holes were going to go and she was handling everything really well up until that point. We showed her the ear piercing gun and explained what was going to happen and she was still okay!
Then, just as the gun was going up to her ear ... she freaked out! STOP! STOP! STOP!
But she still wanted her ears pierced so badly, she didn't give up ... she wanted to go out and sit on the bench and "think about it".
Ten minutes later ... back up in the chair, holding the bear ... gun to her ear ... "STOP! STOP! STOP!" Then she wanted to go back out the bench and think about it some more. Well, by this time I knew the more she thought about it the more likely it was that her reaction was just going to be the same ... so we went home.
But she hasn't given up! She talks about wanting to get her ears pierced just about every day still! I told her she needed to wait till her birthday and then, if she still wants earrings, then we will take her then!
But she hasn't given up! She talks about wanting to get her ears pierced just about every day still! I told her she needed to wait till her birthday and then, if she still wants earrings, then we will take her then!
3 comments:
OHHH, funny but sad story. Tell Marley it will be worth it once she gets her ears pierced. Hopefully the person will do both ears at the same time so that she gets one done and realizes she doesn't want the other. Melissa, where do you live? We are going to be moving to Utah. Can you believe it? I can't hardly believe it. I never really wanted to live in Utah, but here we come. We are not sure yet what area. Kind of thinking Kaysville, Centerville, South Weber, maybe Layton. Bill just got a job working over at Hill Air Force Base. We are excited for the change and I am ready to be stay at home mom of two! We have a little boy on the way! We are so excited. Anyways let's get in touch.
Marley...just have your mommy get you some clip-ons. :)
Oh bless her heart--what a cutie she is--I just love that picture of her holding that stuffed animal.
I didn't give my first 2 girls a choice--did it when they turned one. BUT it has been a pretty big hassle--I think I'm going to wait till Lydia is big enough to choose and take care of it on her own!!!
Post a Comment