Monday, April 6, 2009

Marley's Firsts ...

Here are some of my favorite of Marley's firsts ...First Hat.First trip to the beach.First Halloween.First birthday cake. First snow.

First bike.First pedicure!

It's silly, I know. I really wanted a pedicure this weekend and Marley really wanted to go with me so Scott and I looked at each other and smiled and said, "Sure, what the heck!" It was so funny. She could barely reach the water basin and the people were cracking up - they had to cut down the little flip-flops (the ones they give you to wear when your toes are done) because they didn't have any small enough to fit her, then two of the ladies had a very animated discussion in Vietnamese about her calf muscles and invited another one over to see (I guess she has great big muscles for her size because they asked if she runs around a lot!) She picked out a pretty purple color and had a million questions as the lady was doing her toes (like is this thing going to hurt) and then ended up squirming quite a bit and thought most of it was ticklish. Most of the time she had a very serious look on her face and the ladies thought she was hilarious. So it didn't really end up being a relaxing experience like I'm used to when I go alone but it sure was fun!

4 comments:

emlizalmo said...

I love this so much Melissa...totally picked up the mood of my morning! :) You are the COOLEST mom. I've said that before, but now I'm convinced. And how did you not EAT her when she was a baby?

MommyMert said...

:) YOu are the BesT Mom!!

Kristin said...

Those first pictures of her are great. I haven't seen too many baby pics of her--I love seeing them. She is so stinkin cute--those eyes!!!

And a pedicure . . . how awesome is that?? She beat me to it. I have never had one--well, not a professional one. You are such a fun mommy--I love it.

andrea said...

I think Marley is so absoultly cute. The baby pics were fun to see again. And now do you you are ever going to go for a pedicure without her. She looks so grown up in that pic. I love you!