Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Toy

Scott's always on the look out for a good deal. So he went to DI with his work friend at lunch time the other week. He's the kind of guy that's great at sorting through other people's trash and finds a treasure. You know ... "one man's trash ..."

Anyways, he found this little jeep John Deere motorized kid car for $20! We had looked at buying one of these for the kids before and he knew they are $400 in the store! The only thing was that it already had someone's name on it! Well, he asked about it and the guy told him that the girl had 30 minutes to produce a receipt and if she never showed up then he could buy it. Well, he called me up and sent me down to the store to wait for her 30 minutes to expire. It did, the sales guy put my name on it instead ... and just then the girl showed up with the reciept! She was just a teenager buying it for her kid brother and sister. Well, I had already dragged myself and the kids down to DI and didn't feel like leaving empty handed so I offered her $30. She had a puzzled look on her face ... and said no. So I offered her $40. I guess she realized that she had the opportunity of making $20 here so she took it. Another $60 on battery and charger and we had a great new toy for the kids. $100 total for something that usually costs $400! Good job, honey!

The kids LOVE it!!! We took it over to Grampa Austin's house so they could ride all over his huge yard and they have a blast!!

3 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Scott has a GOOD eye..I never have much luck at that place.

David said...

SWEET RIDE!!! :)

Kristin said...

SweetI NEVER --go Scott. I never find anything good at DI!!! So jealous--Cortney wants a "car that drives" SO bad.