Me and my great friend, Amy, decided to run it together.
She really pushed me along and up the hill! She was the perfect race partner!
I have decided something about myself. I am a goal setter. It occurs to me that this is both a good and bad trait. If I don't write down a list of things to do for the day, I will slack off and get nothing done. If I do make a list ... I start obsessing about getting each item checked off until they are all done. If I do not finish by the end of the day, I am frustrated and anxious.
But there is some good ... I have set some goals about running. At first it was to just run one mile without stopping. Then I ran three. That turned into running for an hour without stopping. Then I ran three miles and timed myself - and each time I went back I would try to get faster and faster. I finally ventured out to the Provo River Trail, timed myself and then did it again the next week with a goal of doing it faster.
I have to admit, I am a little obsessed. I hereby apologize to all those that I have annoyed with my obsessive talk about running. But it has paid off! Not only have I lost 42 pounds but I love to run!
I can't remember exactly what my time for the Pioneer Day 5K was two years ago but I believe it was around 45 minutes. Old ladies beat me, 10 year olds beat me. This time I was determined to get under 32 minutes. Well ... I did it!
31:38
I realize this is nothing compared to you marathon runners out there but I am pumped!
Next race - 31 or under. Wish me luck!
11 comments:
NICE JOB!!! I love that you love to run, personally I hate to run, but with good friends to go with me, it is bearable! Way to go Melissa!
This makes my heart race and gets me all excited! It was so great doing this with you. We are going to get fast if it kills us, Melissa. Faster every week. More endurance every week. Under 31 is a great goal. I KNOW we can do it. We may have to start running together in the mornings once there's a little more sunshine. :) You are awesome Melissa! You make me happy.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
I have to say, I have NEVER EVER been interested in running...but you've inspired and motivated me. I would LOVE to have a picture with ALL of us crossing a finish line together someday. Thanks for sharing your passion with all of us! :)
So after you were taking about your face in these pictures the other day, I'm wondering...why is my face so plump?
You guys were awesome. I love your pictures too. I loved seeing you on the course. Made me happy. There really was a high afterward. From the excersise and sense of accomplishment. I'm so proud of you for reaching so many goals. Wahoo!!!
I am queer. I just realized how similar my post sounds to yours. I even read yours first. I should have been more selective about my wording. Great minds think alike, I guess. :)
I'm so proud of you. So proud of Amy. So happy for your weight loss. I feel myself getting inspired. Emphasis on getting. I need to pay for a race so I can feel like I'm going to make it worth it. Tell me which one you want to do next, and I'm there.
(Posted on Amy's too) You guys are so inspiring! You not only set goals and go for it but you encourage and inspire other people. I love you guys already for being so uplifting and motivating. GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT, LADIES!!
All it takes is one race to get hooked. Let the madness begin! :)
Can't wait to be joining you girls. You're so awesome!!
Post a Comment