Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Camping

We took Lindy out on her maiden voyage this last weekend with the Clegg family up Hobble Creek Canyon to Jolly's Ranch Campground! It was a super fantastic weekend. Lindy (the newly acquired 1976 motor home) held up surprisingly well and made the weekend much more comfortable and convenient for us. (The last time we tried to go tent camping, we couldn't even fit all of our "supplies" into the Jeep.)
Brenda and I went up early on Friday afternoon to set up camp while the boys finished their work week. That means I got to take my first turn at driving the motor home! It's a good thing we didn't have to go too far 'cuz that motor home is a beast to drive! I was white knuckled and heart palpitating the entire time!
Jolly's Ranch campground is so great! It had an awesome playground and a swimming hole - the water was freezing cold but the kids didn't seem to mind too much. There's also a little concrete "dam" that people use as a slide. Of course I had to give it a try - it's all green and bacteria encrusted looking, but what the heck, right? The other kids there were using plastic bags to go down but I couldn't get mine to work so I just slid down on my bum. After a few times I figured out why they were using plastic bags - I got a big ol' hole in my shorts! Yup, right in the bum area. Very embarassing.
The kids had a good ol' time swinging in the hammock, riding their bikes around and around "the block" and giving the poor dogs walks every 10 minutes.

2 comments:

emlizalmo said...

SO FUN! That RV is fabulous! So are the Cleggs and Yergensens. <3

Kristin said...

go Lindy!!! Man, that sounds like a great weekend. Love you guys bunches.