Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Marley's First Day of First Grade


Marley started first grade! Isn't she cute?

She asked me to draw a heart on her hand so that when she got nervous she could just look at it and not be scared. I told her that every time she needed to feel brave or happy to check her hand and she would remember how much her mommy loves her and thinks she is so brave and smart and pretty and smart. She loved it!

5 comments:

London said...

The heart is a great idea. So much better than a note in the lunch box because you have to wait until lunch for that one. She IS so cute!

Rachel said...

That makes me want to cry...what a sweet idea! she is such a beautiful girl. I can't believe she's in first grade!!!

emlizalmo said...

Such a great idea...and such a great little girl. :)

Kristin said...

The pictures are loading today so I can see you!! Your header is beautiful. I seriously love it. And darling Marley. It's just like the book "A Kissing Hand". I love that story.

Michelle said...

I love the heart story. That is so cute. And she IS pretty. I love her, and those eyes. Also, It's been so long since I've been here I just now commented on your post about loosing 50 pounds. WOWZA.