Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ethan Scott Yergensen - 4 Year Old!

My baby is FOUR! How did this happen?
I think he is the cutest four year old ever! I really can't believe how much he has grown in just this last little while.
Some things I want to remember about my four year old -
He loves to play with Goldie. Sometimes I think he is being too rough on the poor dog but she follows him around all day long so she must love him too.
When he is excited about something he has been saying, "Oh my!"
He always wants to be going somewhere! Every day he asks where we are going - even if it's just to Wal-Mart!
He is still really shy. But this last month he has really turned a corner - I think he has decided he is a big boy and doesn't need to be scared. He still randomly cries in Primary but usually he will calm down and stay with his class instead of sitting with his big sister. The Primary Program was last weekend and he was really happy for the first few minutes but, as soon as I was out of his line of sight, he started to cry - loudly. They finally sent him back down to me. Poor guy! He has had his part memorized for weeks now!
He is a momma's boy!! He is a cuddler and a hugger and a kisser. I love it!
He had a really happy birthday this year! I made him a Mickey Mouse Toodles cake - his favorite cartoon!

He was looking forward to the pinata for weeks! We even went together to the store and he picked out the one he wanted. He gave it a really great hit too!
Nana and Papa came to town to celebreate! They took us out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and then we opened some presents. He got some really cool presents - and candy and cash! He couldn't have asked for anything more!

5 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Oh my goodness...he looks so freaking handsome in that last picture! He really is such a big boy now. I'm so glad he and I are friends! MMMwa!

MommyMert said...

grr... we missed it. :( Dang sickness. Looks like we missed out. I think he is so so beautiful! (Can I say that about a boy?) He is the whole package, dont grow up little man!

Kristin said...

He is stinkin handsome. Every year he gets more so--if that is possible.

Looks like a great party--I love it when they are so happy.

His cake is fantastic Melissa. Really. You do a great job.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, HOW did I miss all these posts??!! He looks so much older in the last pic. What a doll. I was glad I got to hear him practice for the program...he really did have it down. I understand the frustration...but it's cute that he loves him mom so much. :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, cute boy! Still LOVE that cake!