Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I really like Halloween, I've always thought it was so fun! I love dressing my kids up in cute little outfits and seeing their happy (sugar amped) smiles. I love watching them run from door to door and grab handfuls of candy. What I do not love is dressing up myself. I know I used to, when I was a kid. So what changed it all? I remember being a ballerina, Pippi Longstockings - it was so fun and I was so darn cute! Well, I know the exact year it all changed. My seventh grade year. My mom had this great idea for a costume - she started ratting my hair, and ratting and ratting and ratting. Then she sprayed it orange. Then she painted my face, my whole face. All my sisters were all dressed up so cute and I was this big, orange ... scary something. And off we went to the ward Halloween party. I was so embarassed. Beyond embarassed.



So I think that lately I have had a change of heart. This year I actually dressed up and went to the YW Halloween carnival. Was I still embarassed? Um, ya. 'Cuz I just look pretty darn silly. I think I just don't take myself as seriously as I used to. I don't know - but you are witnessing a big change here. In the spirit of the holiday - I am actually posting the proof of an actual costume! Happy Halloween! It's 80's chic, just in case you can't tell!

4 comments:

MommyMert said...

Its like I want to call you Mercades or some other chic 80s name! haha... :) Glad you are dressing up this year. It makes me happy.

Kristin said...

You look great! I love it. (and how fun . . . a YW carnival. )

Rachel said...

I thought you were (scratch, ARE) so adorable. Funny how 'childhood memories' stay with us for so long and sometimes define how we see things.

Michelle said...

I love that you cut me out of this picture! Ha! I also think you looked FANTASTIC and super fun. I love it!