Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Celebration!

The night before I turned 34 I cried.
Marley said, "Hey mom! Tomorrow is your birthday and you are going to be 34!"
And all of a sudden I lost it. I don't think I had EVER done that before. I generally am quite complacent about getting old. But for about two minutes I totally was not.
Scott looked at me like I was crazy but then put his arms around me and let me be sad about my wrinkles, my creaky bones, my stupid falling-apart body ... and then I realized that my honey had his arms around me, my kids hugged my knees and I thought, "What the heck?!? I have everything I could have and ever have wanted! Why would I need to be crying?"
So I stopped.
From there on out I had an absolutely fantastic birthday celebration. I guess I was having so much fun that I didn't even realize I had taken exactly two pictures.
I'm still pretty tired from surgery and get worn out pretty quickly, so the week was pretty exhausting but I loved every minute of it!
I am so thankful that I have such amazing friends! On my birthday there were a few that knew they weren't going to make it to GNO birthday dinner so they set up my favorite lunch! Mmmm ... thai food and lots of laughs. The kids played and we chatted for almost three hours!
That night my hubby and kiddos took me out to the Brick Oven for dinner. We got a booth and I sat next to Scott. We had some YUMMY pizza ... and I got two pictures on my phone.

We had brownies instead of a cake. Oh ya! Scott and the kids sang so cute to me ... but no pictures. I don't know what we were thinking! Never mind - I know what I was thinking - hurry and let's eat these brownies!!!
The next night we had a Girls Night Out. We went out to dinner and the Olive Garden. I tried to pick a place that Scott doesn't like to take me and Olive Garden is definitely one of those places - but that's a story for another post. We laughed A LOT and had so much fun. There was a huge crowd ... and no one thought to take any pictures! I guess that says a lot about what a good time we were having.
I am so thankful for my friends. I feel so overwhelmed when I think about how good they are to me, how thoughtful they are, how much they have taken care of me! I have seriously amazing friends. I feel so blessed.
I totally scored on presents this year ... Scott got me a candy bar, my favorite cologne (yes cologne for him which is definitely for me if you know what I mean), new sheets (HOORAY!!!), a new external hard drive that automatically backs up, and (of course) new running shoes! Isn't he so good to me?
So I guess 34 isn't so bad. It's actually been quite great so far. No reason to cry that's for sure ... just lots and lots and hugs and even more laughs. Hooray for getting old.

2 comments:

emlizalmo said...

34 wonderful years! :)

Kristin said...

Happy birthday one more time.

And why didn't I know we were basically the same age? Maybe I did and just forgot . . . cause we're getting up there you know. :-)

Glad it turned out to be such fantastic fun. The two pictures you did get are sweet. Love YOU!!!