Monday, February 28, 2011

Marley's Primary Talk

Marley gave a talk in Primary on Sunday ... she told me what she wanted to say, I helped her find a story, we wrote it down together and she gave it all by herself! Everyone said they were so impressed with the talk and also what a great reader she is! We were so proud of the great job she did.

The scriptures teach us of Heavenly Father’s plan.
Heavenly Father and Jesus want us to be nice to everyone. One of his commandments is that we love one another.
I found a great story in the Friend that talks about loving others. It’s about a 6 year old girl named Korbie that lives in Utah. It’s called My Friend.
Her favorite scripture is:
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another (John 13:34).
At the beginning of the school year, I met a wonderful student. She has a big heart and is always willing to share anything of hers with other students. At first, most of them didn’t know how nice she was. Because she has some mental disabilities, sometimes she would do things that made them uncomfortable.
One day the music teacher asked my friend to perform some of the actions for the song we were practicing. When she started to dance, some of the other students began to laugh. I know that most people don’t like being laughed at, so I didn’t laugh at her. I thought about what Jesus would want me to do, and I kept quiet and enjoyed her cute dance.
In the mornings, while we are waiting to go into the school, my friend comes to see me first thing and gives me a big hug. We sit together at lunch as often as we can, and she always has a bright smile that makes me happy to be her friend. Sometimes I see her playing alone at recess, and I make an extra effort to play with her. It makes me sad when I can’t find a friend to play with, and I want my friend to be happy.
I like this story because when I read it to my mom it made me feel really warm inside. I hope that I can be like Korbie and be kind to others too.
I’d like to bear you my testimony that Jesus wants us to be nice to others. I know that people don’t like to be laughed at. It makes me feel sad when people are mean. It makes me feel good inside when you see your friends and everyone around you are happy. I like to make sure my friends at school always have someone to play with and they feel good. Jesus wants me to be nice to my little brother too. When my little brother is sad I like to give him some of my candy. When I share I feel good inside and warm in my heart.

4 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Marley, that isjust perfect! I wish I had heard your talk. I need to be nicer to my family and try to be more like Jesus...and share my candy.

Rachel said...

Beautiful talk, Marley. I think everyone needs to hear that talk...

Kris Tina said...

Marley did such an awesome job on Sunday. I would have thought she was about ten years old with the way she handled herself. It was fantastic.

Kristin said...

I wish I could have heard that talk. It is fantastic. You are a great girl, Marley and a great friend. Cortney misses you.