
I ran my very first 5K today.
A 5K you say? today?
Yes, me, Melissa Yergensen
I know, the very last person
that you'd thought you 'd see
But, hallelujiah, glory be!
I did it, I ran the whole time
And - yes - I'm just fine.
Really, I'm alive, not dead ...
But I think I will go back to bed!
I figured I owed myself a little celebration for all the hard work I've been doing lately. I feel so much stronger than just a couple of months ago. And, yes, I know - for all of those of you marathon runners mocking me - it isn't that far. Actually, that's why I did the 5K because I knew I could do it. Heck, I already do it several times a week already, just on the treadmill or jogging from my house to the lake and back. Of course I knew I wouldn't be among the first to finish (and yes, quite a few 10Kers even came in before me!) but I wasn't LAST - and for that I am proud of myself. AND I never stopped to walk or take a break, I jogged the WHOLE WAY. Sometimes faster than at other times (a speed-walker almost caught up to me once, but I put her back in her place! oh ya) and I didn't quit! Yay for me!
7 comments:
yEAA!!!! WoOhOOOO!!!
Way to go, Melissa! So proud of you and I think it's amazing...I don't do anything like that.
I am so impressed
I am super proud of you. I have never run a 5k so I am actually probably the LAST person you would ever think of that would run it! But way to go. You finished. That's awesome.
Oh my goodness--you are so awesome!! I am so happy for you. Really I am. Congratulations. Maybe we can do one together sometime!!
WAHOOO! I am so proud of you! You are awesome, girl!
I am so proud of you.. woo hoo. Keep going girl.
Post a Comment