Thursday, July 3, 2008

Irrigation Time!

Yay ... it's irrigation time again! Grandpa Yergensen has been getting irrigation water at his house for longer than anyone can remember! And he's so nice - he always invites us over to let the kids play in the water. Sometimes he gets it in the middle of the night which doesn't quite work for us but, on the lucky days he gets his turn in the middle of the day, we come right over in our swimsuits, ready to get wet!
This is an example of how long the Yergensen children have been playing in the irrigation water ... one is Ethan and one is his daddy, Scott.

The kids love watching the water bubble out and fill the driveway and grass with water.














I don't think Mowgli likes irrigation time ... he tried to hide under the car in the garage. But Ethan wants to play! OK, it looks like Mowgli would rather walk through freezing water than let Ethan mawl him.









This is the first year that Ethan has really experienced this tradition, and he didn't quite get into it the way I thought he would. Can you tell he's saying "what's the big deal?" I have a feeling it has something to do with the fact that big sister was having a blast ... splashing him.



Oh! Poor baby! That sister can be so naughty! Oh well, he would rather harass the cat anyways!


And Marley ... just loves it! Can you tell? The water seriously is freezing cold when it first comes out but she seems impervious to cold. What a goose! (Silly goose!)

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

OK...so Melissa...I just rolled out of bed (catching up on sleep, you know :) ) and could not wait to get on here. I am so happy now. I love your family and I love your blog. Irrigation time looks so fun! And boy, Ethan loooks like his Daddy, doesn't he?