Scott, on the other hand, is quite the daredevil as of late. He has been going almost every weekend for a couple of months now. He is even entering a downhill mountain biking racing contest on Labor Day - stay tuned for results!
Here's Scott attempting to ride over a cliff (about a 2 or 3 foot drop). I don't think I would ever try this in a million years, even if I had a fancy bike with super duper special shocks like his.

Here's another one part where Scott rode up on the berm to catch some air.

We had a really good time. The view was beautiful. Although I don't think I really paid much attention to the view except for when we were on the chair lift, considering my line of vision was pointing down at the twisty turny path and the rocks in my way. Thanks to Mark for these awesome pictures on the way down.
Here's another one part where Scott rode up on the berm to catch some air.
We had a really good time. The view was beautiful. Although I don't think I really paid much attention to the view except for when we were on the chair lift, considering my line of vision was pointing down at the twisty turny path and the rocks in my way. Thanks to Mark for these awesome pictures on the way down.
Mark is an expert on a bike ... going cross country that is. (He goes on major bicycling tours that cover entire states.) And Heather had been mountain biking plenty of times before, growing up in Utah and being quite outdoorsy herself. But riding to the top of the mountain on a lift to ride down, going very fast at times, I thought they might be freaked out like me. However ... they both got the hang of it pretty darn fast. And me? I only fell once!

5 comments:
That last picture--HILARIOUS! :) Wow, you guys are seriously go getters!
Looks like fun. I would never survive. You guys are hard core.
Looks awesome, but I think I'll stick with flat ground biking.
We did the chair lift ride thing at Sundance this weekend and saw a lot of mtn. bikers--it looked really fun. I think I would consider doing the easy trail down--but that is all. That harder trail looked just that . . .hard. You are very cool, Melissa. Running 5K's and riding bikes down mountains. You rock. :-)
You are tough as nails! Do you ever stop? I am so impressed. By the way...love th elook of your blog...and your 5k poem!
Post a Comment