Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nana and Papa


Nana and Papa recently came for a visit ... we have so much fun while they're here! Can you tell? One of our favorite things to do is take them up the canyon. We went to South Fork Park and had a picnic lunch and played in the stream.

The water was so cold it made your toes feel like they were going to freeze right off ... you know the kind of cold that instantly makes your head hurt? But Marley decided she wanted to walk across the stream ... and I had to rescue her half-way through. Poor girl, she froze midway through and started to panic and cry. What a nice mommy to go out and get her and take her back to dry land.
And then what happens ... she goes out again. And then about ten more times after that, just walking back and forth through the water. Remind me why I had to save her?

Of course all Ethan wanted to do is throw rocks! These were just about the only pictures I could get of him!

Throwing rocks and eating! His favorite things! He's saying ... don't you dare touch my plum! It's mine, all mine! (At least he loves fruit!)

For lunch we had sandwiches, of course plums, some chips and ... a Marley burrito! She wrapped herself up in the picnic blanket and yelled "I'm a Marley burrito ... somebody ... bite me!" Of course Ethan was more than happy to oblige.

It's getting difficult to take a normal looking picture of Marley lately. We tell her to do a pretty face or a princess face and this is what we get! (If you think these are cute pictures, look closely.)Well, I got one sweet one at least!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am not biased, I just have beautiful children. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't get over his darling blond hair...when did that happen?! Crazy how fast time goes.

MommyMert said...

Wow, your kids are so cute! I love it..

emlizalmo said...

You really do have some of the cutest kids. I am SO proud of you taking so many pictures. Sheesh...you are a picture taking machine!