Aunt Lindsey (and Uncle Gary and Kobe) sent her a beautiful dress and clips ... to date, she has worn the dress every single day until I told her to take the dang thing off so I could wash it! She spilled all kinds of stuff on it at the barbecue and still refused to take it off. And the clips - last week she wore 4 in her hair to swimming lessons! I only put 2 in her hair, somehow she got the extra 2 in before I noticed and we were already in the pool. Oh well, she's cute no matter what. She has worn at least 2 in her hair every day since she got them.
Aunt Kattie (and Uncle Robert, Anthony and Marcus) sent her a super cute card ... with cash! Somehow she came up with the idea that they are magic dollars, she couldn't be happier! She has also been saving up for a Diego book that she saw (and I didn't want to buy at the moment, so I told her she could save her dollars and buy it on her own ... 2 months ago and she still remembers!) so one of the first things she says is "Yay - now I can go get my Diego book!!"Aunt Tricia sent an awesome Ariel pillow which she has slept on every single night - much to her dad's chagrine. He insisted, the first night, it was not a sleeping pillow - she cried so hard for ten minutes straight! So we said - what the heck, let her do what she wants and if she's uncomfortable then she'll change, but she hasn't yet!
Aunt Callie (and Brintley and Jaydin) sent her a swimming Ariel doll! She loved it so much she took a record number 4 baths in three days last week! We are planning on getting the pool out so she can really watch it go!
And Nana and Papa got her Hungry Hungry Hippos! Watch out, Anthony, Marley is going to give you a run for your money next time we are down in Arizona ... she has been practising every day!Aunt Heather and Uncle Mark also sent gifts for her birthday which Grandpa Austin brought over. This is a picture of Marley trying to decide which one she is going to read first that day. And Ethan, of course, has to help. Notice they are still in their pajamas - that's how early she woke up the next day to read her books. She's a reader for sure. Sometimes she wakes up extra early just to read. We will hear her in her room at 7am sometimes just reading to herself. We finally had to start taking books out of her room at night so she could get some sleep! And then, the sneaky girl, would start hiding them! One night I went in to check on her and she had three big library books underneath her. That couldn't have been comfortable!
Thank you to everyone who was so generous to Marley for her birthday - as you can see, she loved all her presents!!!



1 comment:
Marley...you are a riot! I just love you and i am so glad you had such a grand birthday!
Post a Comment