Uncle Mark, Aunt Heather and Cousin Ranger came for a visit! We had so much fun! In fact we had so much fun I will not be able to capture it all in just one blog ... today's blog is all about our fabulous trip to Park City!
Of course the ride up was just as harrowing as previous trips up the mountain (refer to previous post - Sundance, 4 Tickets to the top, please!). But this time Marley was preoccupied with talking to Mark and Heather that we really only had to hold on to Mr. Squirmy. And, yes, just as squirmy as ever. Thank you to Mark for capturing most of these pictures with his camera!
Here's us "tangling".
On the way up the lift, they snap your picture! Yes, very Disney, I agree. But the funniest thing is that they have a prerecorded message saying you are about to have your picture taken and this guy sitting, in what looks like an extremely comfortable chair, in a cozy little tent waiting there for the sole purpose as snapping the button for the camera when it's your turn. What a job!! Can you imagine? Wouldn't it would be the perfect summer college job? What was I thinking working at Modus Media doing telemarketing?
The view was as lush and beautiful as ever! I love Park City in the summer. There were some other interesting things to see on the way up, someone flung a bra into the trees! And, I'm totally not joking, but mardi gras beads! Someone was sure having a party! Mark got a picture of those things too, but I will spare you (and possibly your children who might be reading over your shoulder).
Of course we had to ride the Alpine Slide and Marley insisted on riding with Aunt Heather once and Uncle Mark once. Luckily, they both insisted they weren't going to go very fast anyways.
They both said they had a great ride and Marley was surely in heaven!
If you haven't been up to Park City in a while then you will be surprised to find how much they have added! It's not just the Alpine Slide anymore! In fact, they have a kiddy area with a carousel and plane ride ... and last, but certainly not least, for the adventurous kid at heart ... a zip line! Mark and Heather got tickets and ...
Did you really think I could resist?
Of course we had to ride the Alpine Slide and Marley insisted on riding with Aunt Heather once and Uncle Mark once. Luckily, they both insisted they weren't going to go very fast anyways.
They both said they had a great ride and Marley was surely in heaven!
If you haven't been up to Park City in a while then you will be surprised to find how much they have added! It's not just the Alpine Slide anymore! In fact, they have a kiddy area with a carousel and plane ride ... and last, but certainly not least, for the adventurous kid at heart ... a zip line! Mark and Heather got tickets and ...
Did you really think I could resist?Here's a picture of Scott and I on the way down. He was ahead of me the whole time but right at the last second I pulled ahead! He still can't figure out how I passed him! Aerodynamics, baby, aerodynamics!
All in all I would say the day was a rousing success!
Yes, he needs a haircut (I gave him one yesterday).
4 comments:
Haircut or no, he sure is cute. And you are so pretty, Melissa! Looks like a great day was had by all. It is really pretty up there.
Wow, that looks like so much fun!
Would you believe that I've lived here almost my whole life and have never been on the Alpine Slide? I'll have to go check it ou! It looks beautiful in the mountains up there and looks like you had lots of fun. I also read your post about Sundance - adventures with kids are great and I loved Marley singing on top of the Mountain!
I am loving this blog thing Melissa. First and foremost I love seeing pics. of the kids. But you keep me in stiches with the naratives.
Post a Comment