Thanks to my FABULOUS sister, Tricia, Scott and I got to have a night out ... we went up to Salt Lake for a whole evening and next day to ourselves! We thought we should probably take advantage of her being here now ... cuz that might not last for too much longer. Boohoo! We went to Thaifoon at the Gateway for a yummy dinner ... LOVED the Evil Jungle Princess Beef, the PAd-thai not so much. Then we walked around and watched the fountain that sprays water in time with music and the scary teenagers.
The next morning we walked around downtown Salt Lake. It was really cool to see the construction. I took some pictures for a now and later post later on when the construction is all finished. Here's the view from the sidewalk on South State next to the temple.
Can you tell what's missing? THE MALL! The whole entire mall is gone, it's so wierd.
This is a view from State Street. You've all probably seen this before but it was kinda bizarre for me to see in person. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Can you tell what's missing? THE MALL! The whole entire mall is gone, it's so wierd.
This is a view from State Street. You've all probably seen this before but it was kinda bizarre for me to see in person. I can't wait to see the finished product.
This is the Kearns Building on State Street where I used to work. I was a receptionist at The Enterprise Newspaper during the Olympics. It wasn't a great job but a really cool building to go to work in, and especially a really cool time to be working in downtown Salt Lake. I left my truck at the Sandy Trax Station and rode Trax into downtown every morning.

We also went to the Body Worlds Exhibition going on next to Salt Lake Library. I have to admit it was really very interesting ... but mostly just creepy. My sister and brother-in-law, Mark and Heather, probably would have loved it but after a while it started to gross me out. But it was definitely one of those things you have to see for yourself.

We also went into the Salt Lake Library. We've seen the building lots of times but have never had a chance to go in and look around. The building is such a unique design, I loved it. You can also go up on the top for a great view which is where we took this picture. (Also one of the Pit Stops on the Amazing Race 8 ... by the way, the Amazing Race starts SUNDAY, woohoo!)
WE HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND! THANK YOU, TRICIA! YOU ARE THE BEST!!
3 comments:
Yay for great dates with Scott...and yay for the Amazing Race. LOVE IT SO MUCH!
So nice you got to have a weekend away! I really like Thaifoon, as well.
Oh my goodness--what a fabulous sister. So glad you got to be together just the two of you. I love SLake--I think it is a jewel of a city. Those little getaways are so NICE and so needed. That last picture of the two of you is so cute.
Post a Comment