Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nana comes for a visit and Tricia comes to STAY!

Yay! What a great week we had last week! A little exhausting, but fun. My little sister, Tricia, decided she would try her hand at living on her own in good ol' Provo. This will largely be a new experience for her, save the summer stint in Hawaii last year. So her boyfriend, Eric, and my mom came to help her get settled ... and have a little fun.

And where do we take any visitors ... yes, that's right, Park City.

Up the ski lift ...

to the Alpine Slide ... and down the Alpine Slide.

Marley and Ethan like the new kiddie rides they have at the base of the mountain.

Aren't they so cute? And just look at what a cutie he is, especially with that pretty flower in his hair! heehee, sorry Eric. I couldn't resist.

Eric is a fun guy ... Marley and Ethan really like him. He showed Marley a cool trick - all you need is a quarter, a forehead, and a gullible child's hand to hit the back of their own head.

Marley and Ethan both really love the Alpine Slide and the kiddie rides ... but their favorite part was ... Snowies.

This is my mom. Isn't she beautiful? We love it when she comes to visit. Not just because she will watch the kids for us while we go to a movie (Dark Knight was cool!) or because she loads my kids up with sugar the moment she gets off the plane (which of course they think is the best part) or because she likes to go out to eat as much as I do (and let's face it, that's not so good for us) but because she is so generous and fun. We always laugh and play games. She cheers me up and makes me smile.

I love you, mom. This is not a guilt trip - but I hope you come and visit us again soon!

5 comments:

emlizalmo said...

I have got to get on the ball over here and get myself up to Park City! I'm so glad your sister is here. I hope she sorts everything out. Eric is a doll...she is gorgeous...your mom is gorgeous...YOU are gorgeous!

callieandco. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea said...

I love this post. The pictures are great except for the one of me. I had such a good time spoiling the kids. I hope you'll let me do it again sometime.

Michelle said...

I think you have been to the Alpine Slide three times in just the time I've thought, I should go there for the first time in my whole life. Maybe I should go with YOU my very first time!

Kristin said...

What fun. you definitely know how to do PCity. Yes your mom is beautiful . . . so are you and your sister. Runs in the fam for sure.