OK, actually we are doing pretty well here without my hubby. Skype is the coolest invention ever. It's quite bizarre though - he is 14 hours ahead of us. So whenever we talk he is usually already in a whole new day.
Marley had a soccer game on Saturday. It went well, they actually scored two goals. Pretty good for only having two teammates show up! They had to borrow 2 kids from the other team. Marley is so good at chasing the ball, now if she could only get some guts and jump in to the fray! She stays on the periphery most of the time. She tried once on Saturday to get in there but she ended up getting kicked on the forearm and ran out crying! She had on shin guards - who would have thought she needed arm guards? Her favorite part - the snacks after the game!
Sunday I gave a talk in church. Ya, I know ... not only does my husband leave me for two weeks but I have to give a talk? Actually, it turned out all right - it gave me something else to be nervous about besides scary noises in the night.
Today was a pretty darn good day. I ran EIGHT miles on the treadmill at the gym. It's my longest distance to date. I came home, did some housework and was generally feeling pretty darn good about life.
Until Ethan pooped in the front yard. Yup. Pooped. I kind of lost it. I thought for a moment that maybe I COULDN'T handle this after all. I mean, peeing is one thing. It's a fascination for little boys, I know. But pooping? And I really don't know which was worse - Ethan pulling down his pants and doing his business in my grass ... or going inside to clean him up and hearing Marley outside calling over the neighbor boy to show him the poop! They were both in pretty big trouble.
I calmed down and realized that Ethan must have been playing and realized a little too late that he needed to go. At least he had time to pull down his pants, right? Right? And you know what? The poop is still out there. I am rationalizing that I will let it harden until I can just scoop it up. Don't judge me.
Anyways, the day ended on a happy note. The Schofield's invited us over for dinner and FHE. Amy's hubby is out of town too so we ate some pizza, had a great little lesson and played some freeze tag in the backyard. Such a better way to end my day!
5 comments:
Hey, I don't judge you. I did the same thing with Zoe the other day. I took her for a walk and she pooped in the neighbors yard. I was really embarresed so I just left it there till the next day. When I felt too guilty about it, so I snuck over and picked it up. And the good thing was it was a little harder by then and easier to pick. Like mother like daughter.
Wahoo on the EIGHT miles!! That is awesome. I ran one today. :-) hehe
Okay, great poop story. cortney pooped in the grass at church once. HA Sorry but I was chuckling at Marley going to get the other kid to check it out. course had I been you I wouldn't have chuckled then either. Argh . . . . Still, great story.
Your talk was so great--just what I needed. Thank you.
Cute picture of Marley playing soccer. I love the concentration on her face. Cort loves the treats the best too. It's great times.
hehehe... I know I know... trying to be understanding of how you would feel, but I am audibly laughing at the idea of Marley bringing the neigbhor to look at a poop on the front yard. hahahaha...
Wish I could have heard your talk. I bet it was awesome. Jake was sick, didnt want to share it. :( FHE sounds lovely.
Seriously... 8 miles? YAHOOOOO!
Eight miles--way to go! And on a treadmill! There is no way I could do that, ever. I think I'd die. You should be outside running in this gorgeous weather before it gets TOO hot. Bring the kiddos by here if you need to. Glen would love the company. This is the BEST time of year to run outside. I'm so sad I'm missing it!
Funny about the poop! I bet Scott is so sad he missed it. :) And yes, your talk was great!
Sorry. I laughed about the poop in the front yard and then thought to myself, "Fast Forward a year and that is you!" You've done awesome this week. Congrats on the 8 miles. So proud of you.
Post a Comment