Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bargaboo Time!

Ah, summer ... fresh fruit and veggies. For the Yergensens, nothing can beat sitting outside enjoying a nice summer evening eating yummy sweet corn and watermelon. Most of you know ... the Yergensens LOVE to barbecue.

Or ... as Marley would say ... we love to BARGABOO!
Scott's a Master Griller ... most of our friends can attest to the fact. In fact, almost every time we have a BBQ we have his famous grilled chicken. DELICIOUS! If you haven't tried it, you're missing out ... you'll have to come over next weekend!
The kids love to eat watermelon. Remember when you were a kid eating a juicy watermelon, letting the juices run down your face? Actually, I never really liked it ... I remember telling my mom I didn't like watermelon because I didn't like when it itched my face and mouth ... I realized later it was because I have a slight allergy! But my kids don't seem to mind. And it sure makes a cute picture!So, we've been going to the fruit and corn stand down on the corner by our house ... I was so pleased with myself for supporting local farmers ...
but this weekend I noticed a California sticker on their peaches. Hmmm ...
"Your peaches are from California?" ... "Yes" ...
"AND your watermelon and corn?" ... "Yup" ...
OUTRAGE! Here I was thinking I was getting local produce ... and it's coming all the way from California!OK, well, it's still yummy. And, considering my watermelon plant died less than 2 weeks after I planted it and my tomatoes are blooming quite well (thank you, very much) but haven't come up yet and Austin's corn isn't quite ready ... we'll just have to keep buying it from the corner guys.

4 comments:

MommyMert said...

Mmm.... Love those pics! :)

Kristin said...

We also love a great bargaboo--love the Marley speak. So cute. And boy do I feel hungry. A very yummy post, I must say. (I also was under the incorrect assumption that the delicious produce I was buying from the corner stand was local-oh well . . .)

emlizalmo said...

What an outrage! I can't believe it's not local. AND it's expensive to boot. I will second everything you said about Scott's abilities. I find myself craving that stuff alot! Bargaboo KING!

andrea said...

I just read your post an I am so hungry for bargaboo chicken. Just a few weeks and maybe I'll be there for some.