The countdown to Christmas is on! We have a couple of fun things we like to do to get in the Christmas spirit. We have a little "Advent Christmas Tree" with an ornament behind 24 doors. Every morning we put a new ornament on the tree. When the tree is filled up with ornaments it will be Christmas Eve! The kids like taking turns putting the ornaments on the tree. The other day I noticed that all the ornaments were gone ... Ethan had taken them all off and put them back behind the doors!
Another countdown is one I got from my childhood. You wrap 24 candies in a long sheet of saran wrap and tie them off with string. Each night before bed they get to cut off one candy. They eat the last of the candies on Christmas Eve. It's a great visual reminder for the kids. Added bonus - they actually get excited for bedtime. Yay for candy!
Tired of ... "How much longer till Christmas??" All I say is ... "Go look at the tree!" or "Go count your candies!" Works like a charm.
Another countdown is one I got from my childhood. You wrap 24 candies in a long sheet of saran wrap and tie them off with string. Each night before bed they get to cut off one candy. They eat the last of the candies on Christmas Eve. It's a great visual reminder for the kids. Added bonus - they actually get excited for bedtime. Yay for candy!
Tired of ... "How much longer till Christmas??" All I say is ... "Go look at the tree!" or "Go count your candies!" Works like a charm.
3 comments:
I LOVE that candy idea! We love candy around here...soem in the morning and some in the evening would be awesome!
You should write a book about all your traditions. I'm so serious. you have some great ideas, Melissa.
fun traditions!
Post a Comment