Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun

We had a really great Thanksgiving this year! We went outside the norm this year and I think it worked out really great! As much as we love seeing Scott's side of the family up at Aunt Mary's house every year, we really wanted to try it out on our own.
Scott and I agreed at the beginning of our marriage that we would rotate holidays. Well, we tried but it didn't really work. We are always just too far away from my family, we hadn't ever spent a Thanksgiving with them and only one Christmas! How sad! So this year ... they came to US! My mom and dad, sister Callie and her two kids Jaydin and Brintley all stayed with us this year for Thanksgiving. We were a little crowded but loved every minute of it. Okay, okay ... not EVERY minute, but pretty dang close.
Marley especially loved being with her cousins Jaydin and Brintley. She was Jaydin's little shadow the whole weekend.
The lowdown on the dinner ...
Cousin Jen's ham rolls, spinach dip appetizer, 2 green bean casseroles, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, rolls, and Scott's DELICIOUSLY MOIST turkey (brining is for sure the way to go!) Did I forget anything?
PLUS ... six, count them, SIX pies! 2 pumpkin, pumpkin rum, triple layer fudge, chocolate pecan and apple! I think Callie got a picture of the pies, but honestly, we were so busy just getting the food on the table we forgot to take a picture of the whole spread. I was pretty sad too, it was sure a pretty sight. I even got to use my fancy china and silver for the first time.
The next afternoon we headed up to the temple to see the lights. What a pretty sight.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving and now I can say Happy December, Christmas and all that jazz. This just reminded me...when am I going to take my little boy to see the lights at temple square!?

SANDY said...

MY HECK I GUESS YOU HAVE BEEN TO BUSY ENTERTAINING TO POST!!! I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD FALLEN OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH SOMEWHERE! EVERY TIME FOR A WHILE THERE I WOULD COME ON YOUR BLOG AND THERE WAS ALWAYS A NEW POST TO READ! AND THEN NOTHING FOR LIKE EVER! SO IT'S GOOD THING YOU HAD A WAY GOOD EXCUSE!!! LOL!!!

Kristin said...

love the pictures of all of you at temple square. And your menu sounded yummo!! Love food. So good.