Friday, December 12, 2008

Visit with Santa

Christmas just wouldn't be complete without a visit to the fat man in the mall!
And surprise of all surprises ... Ethan did not scream when asked to sit on the lap of a complete stranger. Could it be that he was given candy first? Or did he understand that this bearded old man was the one who would be bringing him presents? I'm hoping the latter because otherwise it could be dangerous. Maybe we should be working on "STRANGER DANGER!" Or would that just be hypocritical of me ... "Now kids, don't take candy from a stranger - except for ones around Christmas time, just make sure they promise to give you a present."

Now I'm just being facetious to all of you out there who might not get my sense of humor.

It really was pretty cute. Marley told Santa what she wanted for Christmas and then told Santa what Ethan wanted for Christmas too. She is hoping to get Tiger Alive, a Barbie that swims, and some little ponies. Ethan surprisingly wants a firetruck ... I didn't know that. I guess she speaks Ethan better than I do.

After our visit we went and played at the new playground in the mall with our playgroup. The kids had a really good time and it's so nice to see their friends, and nice for mommy to get to visit with her friends too.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What cute pictures of your darling kiddos--with Santa and by your tree. I love that dress of Marley's. Did you guys like the new play area at the mall? Is it improved upon at all?

SANDY said...

ABBIE HAS BEEN TO SCARED TO GO UP TO SANTA!! BUT SATURDAY NIGHT WE WENT TO JEFF'S CHRISTMAS PARTY AND SANTA WAS THERE AND SHE FINALLY WENT AND SAT ON HIS LAP BUT OF COURSE I DIDNT HAVE MY CAMERA!! CUT PICS!!!!!!

emlizalmo said...

It is kindof odd...the hwole santa thing...take his candy, sit on his lap, hug him...gotta love it though. I'm so glad Ethan was cool with it. I'm worried about Molly.

coconutmama said...

cute picture. It was fun seeing you!