The first time Marley brought home a book from school and actually read it to me I was amazed. I literally felt like something miraculous had just occured. And now she is coming home from school and reading Dr. Suess books and even creating her own stories. Here is just one example.
Title: "She Was A Vet"
"To Mom and Dad From Marley"
"She is a vet for me, She is my mom, She is my dad" (She laughs at that part! She says she wrote it on purpose as a joke.)
"She is my tomato, She is my dog. This is my story"
** I'm assuming it's a comedy. **
The other day I found a couple of notes from Marley in Ethan's drawer.
The other day I found a couple of notes from Marley in Ethan's drawer.

"To Ethan, I love you Ethan"
"Ethan you are so adorable"
And the very best is when she hands me notes like these ...
"To Mom and Dad, From Marley"
"I love my Mom, By Marley"







5 comments:
Yay! She's going to be a reader, just like her mom and dad. Welcome to the world of the literati, Marley!
How can you possibly throw a single one away? Each one is a little treasure. She is a doll.
She is writing so well!! Such darling notes and cute story.
And to be sounding out words like adorable. Wow.
Sweet thing.
Sweet girl. Doesn't it make you feel loved? Oh and if it wasn't a comedy, what was it?
Post a Comment