Does anyone know of any other 4 year old who still needs a nap?
Marley isn't quite ready to ditch her daily nap. Some days are quite difficult for her to fall asleep and so sometimes she just gets "quiet time"; she will rest for an hour or more. But after two or so days of this she turns C-R-A-N-K-Y at night! It's very obvious, sometimes just after one day, that she needs her beauty rest. I keep thinking she shouldn't need her nap still but maybe I am wrong. Does anyone else have or know of a kid that still naps at this age? I guess they used to give us naps in kindergarten so maybe this is normal? I don't know.
Marley isn't quite ready to ditch her daily nap. Some days are quite difficult for her to fall asleep and so sometimes she just gets "quiet time"; she will rest for an hour or more. But after two or so days of this she turns C-R-A-N-K-Y at night! It's very obvious, sometimes just after one day, that she needs her beauty rest. I keep thinking she shouldn't need her nap still but maybe I am wrong. Does anyone else have or know of a kid that still naps at this age? I guess they used to give us naps in kindergarten so maybe this is normal? I don't know.
6 comments:
Alex napped every day after kindergarten and the girls until they were almost 5! Yeah, they needed their sleep...and I needed a stinking break!
I LOVE the picture! It says it all. And I'm 34 and I still think I need a daily nap. Just wish I could talk my employer in to it.
My oldest 3 all napped till they were closer to 5. cortney on the other had . . . .she's not napping now. Well, not all the time. She won't go to bed until 10 if she naps.
That is one great picture of Marley. She makes me laugh.
PS--that's not to say Cortney doesn't NEED a nap. It's just whether I want to fight the battle at night or have a grouchy girl for an evening. Which battle do I want to fight.
and dangit.. even her cranky face is still adorable.. :)
Ha! I Think this picture is so funny. Could be a glimpse into the future when she becomes a teenager. You will wonder if a nap will help then.
Post a Comment