Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First Snow

Dear Family and Friends in Arizona ... ta da! This is snow!
Snow (noun) snow, snowfall
1. precipitation falling from clouds in the form of ice crystals.
Marley ran into our room this morning at 7:30am, yelling ... "it's snowing! there's snow all over the ground!" We look out our bedroom window, groggy and sleepy-eyed and saw this ...
"Let's go play in it!! I bet a can build a great big snowman and make a snow angel .... " HUH?!?!?!?
So, anyways, I guess this means winter. It didn't stay on the ground all day, we probably will have quite a few more warm days coming up but, still, 'tis the beginning of the dreaded winter. The period of months where my children do not see the outside for days at a time, cabin fever sets in, where we wake up freezing cold even in our flannel pjs, and we forget what grass looks like. Oh glorious winter!
Oh yeah - and Scott forgot to put down the winter fertilizer! :)
Mom and Callie ... still thinking about coming up for Thanksgiving?!?!?

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Pretty cute how excited the kids get about the white stuff.

How'd GNO go? Bet it was so YUMMY. mmm . . . . .

Oh and the donuts . . .yeah can't take the credit this time. Those were Jon's creation. But you're sweet. Promise--there is PLENTY I can't do. And honestly, I read about people like you and think the same thing all the time. Funny how that works, huh. Love ya Melissa. You're gorgeous.

oh and thanks for being my friend on facebook. I feel so loved.

jeana said...

oddly enough I MISS the snow... everything looks SO pretty all white :) thanks for the comments on my blog... I'm going to check out etsy today!

SANDY said...

HEY MELISSA I SET MY BLOG TO PRIVATE SO YOU NEED TO LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ON FACEBOOK OR SOMETHING SO YOU CAN READ MY BLOG! THEY HAD SOMETHING ON THE NEWS ABOUT PEOPLE TAKING KIDS PICTURES OFF BLOGS SO IM GOING PRIVATE BUT I WANT YOU TO BE ABLE TO READ MY BLOG SO I NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!

Unknown said...

Your perspective on snow changes with your age. In the eyes of your children, it's miraculous and beautiful. As adults we see the inconvenience and the amount of work involved in navigating through it. Hmmmm?? I think there are times where being a kid is better. :) ...However, I do not envy you, the scraping cars, and shoveling driveways.

SANDY said...

HEY BRENDA SENT ME A MESSAGE TO SEND HER MY EMAIL SO SHE CAN ADD ME AS A READER BUT I DONT WHAT HER EMAI IS DO YOU?