Scott's family grew up with a really cool holiday tradition. Each year they would each pick an ornament from Hallmark of their very own to commemorate the year. It is so fun to decorate the Christmas tree each year and review the years past - especially the years when Scott was little. He chose things like Star Wars, Snoopie and Santa riding a jeep. Some are very 80s, it's so cute. It makes me wish we had the same tradition so that I had as many ornaments as he does now!
We both love the tradition so we have carried it on with our family. We each have gotten a new ornament each year. These were are choices for this year ...
Scott chose a house that lights up to the tune of "Deck the Halls". He pretty much chooses a fancy music playing, light show one every year. It suits him.
I picked this cute Santa. I pretty much choose a Santa every year. Boring, I know, but I like them.
I chose this one for Ethan this year. It is Kung Fu Panda. We took the kids to see this movie and they both absolutely loved it. Ethan still goes around practicing his kung fu moves.
Marley chose Ariel this year. She has really fallen in love with the Disney princesses, thanks in part to our DisneyWorld vacation. She loves to watch all the Disney movies and especially the Little Mermaid. And she loves to pretend she is a mermaid in the tub.
Scott chose a house that lights up to the tune of "Deck the Halls". He pretty much chooses a fancy music playing, light show one every year. It suits him.
I picked this cute Santa. I pretty much choose a Santa every year. Boring, I know, but I like them.
I chose this one for Ethan this year. It is Kung Fu Panda. We took the kids to see this movie and they both absolutely loved it. Ethan still goes around practicing his kung fu moves.
Marley chose Ariel this year. She has really fallen in love with the Disney princesses, thanks in part to our DisneyWorld vacation. She loves to watch all the Disney movies and especially the Little Mermaid. And she loves to pretend she is a mermaid in the tub.
2 comments:
Love that tradition! My mom does that with all her grandkids that live close to DE. Gosh, I love Christmas.
That is a great tradition.
You guys have some really good ones.
All the pumpkins, the birthday traditions, the ornaments. You rock.
Post a Comment