Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas this year was so great. We spent the afternoon at Aunt Mary's in Sandy, ate our delicious annual soup dinner, mingled with great cousins and got home around 6:30. The kids hurried and got the plate of cookies out for Santa and some reindeer snacks for Rudolph, opened our Christmas pjs and then hit the sack!Christmas morning went so smoothly this year I thought I was in the wrong house! Marley was so excited and yet believed every word of the Santa song ... you know the one - "he sees you when you're sleeping!" She was so afraid that he would get there, she would still be awake and he would take all her presents back to the North Pole! She laid down around 7, squeezed her eyes shut tight and was asleep within 10 minutes! That's a record at our house for sure! The parents got in bed by 10 since we were sure they would be up bright and early ... but they slept till 8! We ate breakfast casserole and opened presents for what seemed like all morning long. The big presents that Santa brought this year were a Tiger Alive for Marley and a whole car track / town for Ethan. They both were so excited.
They got some really great stuff from family that they have been playing with non-stop. What a fun Christmas. I always worry the night before that it's just not going to be enough. But then the morning comes around and it is inevitably too much! They just don't know what to start playing with first.

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

I do that same worrying...I look at their piles and wonder if it is enough. Kids are so easy to please though. :) I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas. Love those kids of yours. And to the hooligans who knocked you down at the sledding hill...!@%???