The time has come for Marley to start chores. I made a little chore chart and we started her off with only three things ... make your bed, clean your room, and clean your toy room. We even went to the store and she got to pick out the stickers to use on the chore chart. She puts a sticker next to each chore she completes that day and I only make her do them five days a week. I came up with a great idea too ... I put the paper in a plastic sheet protector and we can reuse the paper over and over again. At the end of the week she can take off all her stickers and put them in a sticker book, that way they don't go to waste. And also at the end of the week, if all the boxes are filled with stickers then she gets $1 and a trip to the dollar store.
So the first week went so great! She was so excited to be getting stickers and lots of praise from mommy. I helped her out with her chores the first week, you see. Well, the second week rolls along and all of a sudden she is going to die if she has to make her bed ALL BY HERSELF!!! Let me tell you, it has been a struggle! She would literally scream and cry that she just couldn't do it. Well, mom persevered and she finally got it done. This picture is from the first day day she made her bed on her own ... after all that complaining and self doubt, she realized that she was capable of handling this by herself ... and she was so amazingly proud of herself! And mom was pretty proud of her too. I took the picture for proof and now every time she says she can't do it, I just remind her that she has already done it before and I show her the picture. It's still a hassle at times but I am determined to be a good mom and teach her some responsibility and, after all, they are CHORES, aren't they?
So the first week went so great! She was so excited to be getting stickers and lots of praise from mommy. I helped her out with her chores the first week, you see. Well, the second week rolls along and all of a sudden she is going to die if she has to make her bed ALL BY HERSELF!!! Let me tell you, it has been a struggle! She would literally scream and cry that she just couldn't do it. Well, mom persevered and she finally got it done. This picture is from the first day day she made her bed on her own ... after all that complaining and self doubt, she realized that she was capable of handling this by herself ... and she was so amazingly proud of herself! And mom was pretty proud of her too. I took the picture for proof and now every time she says she can't do it, I just remind her that she has already done it before and I show her the picture. It's still a hassle at times but I am determined to be a good mom and teach her some responsibility and, after all, they are CHORES, aren't they? GOOD JOB, MARLEY! I AM PROUD OF YOU!!
4 comments:
Maybe I should make Charlee and Chase a chore chart. They are 11 and 12 and at times act like they are going to die if they do the simplest chore. Great job melissa you are such a cute mommy!!
Hmm.... good idea. Need to make me one of those.
Way to go Marley! A trip top the $ Tree every week? What could be better? I can't tell you how many chore charts we have strated then I have quit because of whining or lack of motivation after that first week. Way to stick with it! Marley was so cute in primary yesterday. So reverent and somewhat obsessed with tucking her hair behind her ear. :) So cute!
Good job, Marley. And great job, Melissa! My mom taught us to take care of ourselves really well growing up and it's really paid off...you're doing Marley such a great service. She'll love you for it when she's a mom!
Post a Comment