Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fun in the Sun ...

After Christmas was over we decided to head down to Arizona for some sunshine!
When I was single, the drive usually took me about 9 hours ... with kids it took 12! We decided to break the trip in half and stay the night in Vegas ... cheap rooms! We were hoping to make use of the heated pool but it was closed for renovations so we opted to ride the Monorail instead. There's not much for kids to do in Vegas and the Monorail was inexpensive a good diversion from all the driving.

On the way out of Las Vegas we passed over the Hoover Dam. Unfortunately the traffic added about an hour to our drive time but it turned out to be quite an impressive sight. (Probably not an hour's worth but oh well.) They are building a new road and it will no longer go over the dam but a new bridge instead. We heard they won't be giving tours of the dam anymore either and we thought we'd stop ... but since we were already an hour behind and the place wad packed we decided to skip it. I've always kind of wanted to go on one of the tours but I guess I just lost my chance! I'm not too heart broken, I got some good pictures!

The first day we were there we headed for the park! It was the perfect weather. In fact, on the way home I noticed the temperature gauge in the jeep read ... 75 degrees. Quite the difference from the winter weather in Utah!The kids were so dang happy to be running around outside!

And Nana was just happy to be cuddling on them!

The park we went to was really pretty cool. It had all kinds of little "roads" that looked like real roads and painted with stripes. It was fun for the kids to take their bikes and pretend to be driving around. Marley rode on a scooter for the first time and got the hang of it pretty quick. The best part, though, was playing with all of their cousins!

4 comments:

MommyMert said...

So... are you home, or are you still there. Either way... super envious of the outside weather. This is the perfect time of year to be there. Glad you are having fun.

coconutmama said...

Looked like fun! Great pics. by the way.

jamie said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. Can't wiat for warm weather! we might have to take a trip ourselves.

emlizalmo said...

Warmth plus family...what could be better?